Modern businesses are increasingly incorporating VoIP technology into their day-to-day operations. However, the technology remains complicated, and few sufficient training programs exist. Biamp Applications Engineers have spent years fine-tuning their knowledge, and now it’s available to you.
Our VoIP training program was developed specifically for AV industry professionals. The training focuses on VoIP technology and SIP protocol, which will help participants build a foundation to better design and troubleshoot VoIP installations. Training is conducted in installments via online videos, allowing students to learn at their own pace. Biamp’s VoIP training videos can be accessed any time, from anywhere, and all sessions are available free-of-charge. No comparable training program exists in the audio industry. You'll also earn 4 renewal units (RUs) toward InfoComm CTS once you complete the training.
The goal of our VoIP training is to provide Biamp integrators with the necessary tools to design, integrate, and troubleshoot Biamp products with VoIP telephony systems. Upon completion of Biamp VoIP certification, attendees will have a better understanding of the following:
- VoIP systems on modern Ethernet networks, including network design and setups as well as the physical components used in VoIP systems
- Use of Call Setup protocols in a VoIP environment, including an extensive understanding of how call sessions are negotiated between parties within a VoIP system
- Real Time Protocols (RTP) used within a VoIP transaction, including the process of converting audio signals for traversal across an Ethernet network
- Quality control mechanisms for VoIP exchanges on a network, including the use of Class of Service (COS) and Quality of Service (QoS) to manage packet delivery
- Troubleshooting techniques for resolving communication issues between VoIP devices on a network, including the use of packet monitoring software such as Wireshark to identify problems
- Proficiency using Biamp software platforms to configure Biamp VoIP endpoints
We estimate the entire training to take approximately 6-8 hours to complete.
Ready to get started? Register here.