A/V NETWORKING - DESIGN
Training & Certification
AUDIENCE: Delivered in-person at your location, A/V Networking – Design is for anyone in the field of pro A/V who wants to be more informed about putting media on a network.
COURSE GOAL: Networked A/V solutions are all around us, but the way media traverses a network as ethernet traffic can be mysterious at best. With straightforward examples and plain language, this course session aims to unravel the mystery, explaining design validation tools in the Network, Signal Processing, and Application domains.
PREREQUISITES: There are no prerequisites for A/V Networking – Design
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 4 AVIXA RUs CTS/CTS-D
TIME TO COMPLETE: One half-day (instructor-led)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The primary considerations when building, or upgrading to, a networked media solution, with a focus on video traffic
- Performance factor considerations when selecting an ethernet switch
- Precision Time Protocol versions 1 & 2 – the IEEE standards essential for media playback
- Tips for building a successful physical topology
- Multicast traffic management and why careful design is mandatory for viable media transmission
Learn how to calculate bandwidth requirements for both video & audio signals, and why video creates significantly more traffic than audio.
Understand primary considerations for choosing the right switch for your network and demystify terms you will encounter on switch spec sheets.
Why we are concerned with the “hop count” in a network carrying media traffic.
A high level look at what to consider when wiring your network, and how different arrangements affect hop count.
Uplinks between switches are the largest limiting factor of the network. Learn how to best provision each of them, no matter your topology.
There are numerous options for managing video bandwidth. Focus on the basics of a few, how they are implemented in TesiraLUX, and how Tesira software can play a major role in validating your design.
Each individual must successfully complete an online assessment to receive certification.
COMPLETE REQUEST FORM